Life lessons that have made 2020 a year to remember!
Unlike any other year in our lives, the year 2020 shall be the most indelible. The ‘never before’ experiences that COVID-19 has left us with shall forever be spoken about and often reminisced with mixed emotions, mostly negative.
But then all has not been so bad after all if one is to look at the huge amounts of learnings that we have also gained during this period.
I take the liberty of sharing them with you as I’m sure they will resonate with most of your learnings as well.
- Be proactive and flexible. Be ready to move fast the moment you see an opening that can help sustain your business during tough times
- Reinvent yourself and encourage out-of-the-box thinking among your colleagues. The tide has turned, yet continuing to swim in the same direction is certainly not good news
- We have woken up to the fact that digital transformation is the new mantra and the recipe for success. So welcome it with open arms and ensure you are personally ready to adapt to it. Do focus on cybersecurity at the same time
- We have learnt to do more with less. We realised that we can continue being as productive if not more, despite there being a paucity of resources, be it lesser manpower or reduced cash flow
- We have learnt to be frugal at the workplace and this has helped us conserve our limited resources over a larger period of time
- Multitasking is the way to go today
- The emotional health and wellbeing of employees cannot be ignored during difficult times such as now. HR’s role, therefore, assumes greater significance
- We are so impermanent. Life is unpredictable so make the most of it as long as it lasts. Do what needs to be done NOW as God forbid, there may be no tomorrow
- We are stronger than we know. Ensure you have sufficient medical cover to take care of expenses on any unforeseen serious illness and thereby save you & your family from financial distress
- We have learned how important it is to take care of your health and be grateful for a healthy body which we often take for granted
- The world can stop in its tracks but having your loved ones around you in good health & spirits, has been our main source of strength and we must not forget this as we get out of the crisis
Finally, live the moment as if there is no tomorrow, give your best in what you do, leave an imprint to be remembered by and as the saying goes - Let us not take life too seriously as no one gets out of it alive!
“Finally, live the moment as if there is no tomorrow, give your best in what you do, leave an imprint to be remembered by and as the saying goes - Let us not take life too seriously as no one gets out of it alive! ”
Executive Director and CEO, Brigade Hospitality